The Stamps I Use

Sunday, February 15, 2009

coolest tool EVER - well at least for today

No card to share today - I did make one and photograph but did not have a chance to upload the photo. But I came across the coolest thing EVER via lifehacker.

The article on lifehacker can be found here.....

http://lifehacker.com/5153828/create-a-color-palette-from-a-single-image

It's a colour palette generator. It's online, nothing to download. You just upload a photo (or link to a url) and bang!......A colour palette is generated from the colours in the image. How COOL! is that! You can find it at this address http://www.cssdrive.com/imagepalette/

I can see endless possibilities for this -- decorating, card-making, scrapbooking.

the image must be less than 1mb. I tried it out with this photo some of last years lilies




And was most impressed by what I saw appear on my screen. I wish I could figure out how to post it here...but it gives me the option of saving the palette as a .css or .aco file which I have no idea how to imbed here so that you could actually see the colour palette. Anyways, very cool, check it out.


No comments: