The Stamps I Use

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Another April Family Birthday

My Mom's eldest sister celebrates a birthday on Easter Sunday and I was inspired to make this card in celebration. The sketch is from a sketch from Sheetload of Cards (see the link on the left side-bar).

The paper and ribbon are all CTMH. I had an excuse to use my new EK-Success border punch for the cute edge on the front flap.
Those little flowers on the right are a find for $.75 at Zellers (for a pack of four) and they worked just perfectly with the colours on this card.


I used one of my nestabilities circles to draw the semi-circle on the inner panel and then simply cut it with my scissors -- which have since gone MIA in my craft room (more on that later).


And here you can see the sentiment stamped on the inner panel. This one is from Verve Stamps. I love the flourishes on these birthday sentiments. I'm going to work on conditioning my non-CTMH acrylic stamps so they pick up the ink from my CTMH ink pads a little better. I believe it was on SCS that I was reading (maybe from Beate) that you could do this with a pencil eraser. I will let you know how that goes.

So...I liked the card and hope my Aunt does too!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

What a lovely birthday card! Really like the template - it's very pretty!
Hugs, Danielle

Jenn said...

Gorgeous!!!