The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Anya Blog Hop

Hey there everyone who is hopping by as part of the Club Anya Blog Hop. My Anya post for tonight does not really fit one of the judged categories but I had this little project in mind for a co-worker's girlfriend's birthday. She's a crafty person too and I am fairly certain she will like this! A departure for me - it is not a card!



Geisha Anya adorns a little gift bag I cut out with my Cricut Expression. Even the panels were cut with my Cricut. I played around with the Cricut Design Studio software to manipulate the images to just the size I wanted and presto....there you have it. A cute little gift bag. If anyone would like to have the cut file, drop me a line and I will find a way to share it with you!

The papers are all CTMH (don't you think they look GREAT with Geisha Anya?) as are the inks. Geisha Anya's hair is a separate layer, inked with Versamark and heat embossed with black embossing powder. A little white gel pen was used to redraw her hair-lines. Her face was coloured with watercolour pencils. The kanji symbol and english phrase I thought went just perfectly with Geisha Anya.

The brads serve a structural as well as decorative purpose. I don't trust just adhesive tape runner to keep my bags together so I decided to toss on a few strategically placed brads for extra security.

Recipe: Cricut Cartridges: Accent Essentials (Panels) and Tags, Bags, Boxes and More (Bag)
Paper and Ink: Close To My Heart Unforgettable Paper Pack and Co-ordinating Inks
Stamps: The Greeting Farm Digital Geisha Anya, CTMH Wisdom Stamp Set
Embellishments: White Brads

18 comments:

The Greeting Farm said...

Ooooh what a pretty gift bag!!!! I like it!

Janna said...

What a great idea!!! I adore this bag that you created and I know that your coworker is going to love it too! The layout is perfect and your coloring is stunning!! I have to agree about the adhesive runners though! don't trust them either1

Smiles,
janna

kadie said...

Beautiful! I'm going to start adding Anyas and Ian to all my gift bags now!!

L.Nielsen (Lynda) said...

It's a beautiful gift bag. I'm sure your co-worker will LOVE it!
Hugs
Lynda =)

Randi said...

Beautiful bag! What a treat!

Maureen said...

You're right - that paper does match perfectly! Great bag!

Danielle said...

Oh, this Anya is gorgeous and it's perfect with that paper! Love the gift bag - sure to be a big hit!!
Hugs, Danielle

~*Joni said...

Kanata this is so pretty! Very classy, I love Geisha Anya, she has such a serene spirit about her. What a lovely gift bag, I am a huge fan of altered items. :D

the whimsical butterfly said...

SUch an adorable bag! I'm sure your coworker will love it and I'm SO glad you got to participate in tonight's event! Hope you had a great time!

Expressions of a Creative Mind said...

Great idea and a wonderful way to gift something

Tammi said...

This is so pretty, love your bag! And yes, the paper is perfect with her. Love your Easter Anya card too! :)

Wendy said...

Great coloring!! I love your "departure"! :)

Margie said...

Very pretty! Wonderful idea :)
TFS!!!

Jenn said...

Very pretty bag!! I haven't used my Geisha Anya in forever!! This is awesome!!

Kerry said...

Ohhhh, so pretty, what a wonderful gift bag!

Dee said...

What a pretty gift bag :)

Crafty Num Nums said...

Gorgeous gift bag!!! I think your bag is going to get alot of attention when it is given to that special person.

Cindy said...

What a great idea and an adorable bag. IF you share the cut file I would love to get it.

Thanks
Cindy
chardin77@gmail.com