The Stamps I Use

Friday, May 1, 2009

Christmas Cards - CCC09 March

Ah yes, March was a quiet month for me for card-making so you would THINK that I would have got my 10 christmas cards for March for the SCS CCC09 challenge done in time. Nope. I just finished these beauties (if I do say so myself) on the weekend. The sketch is from Sheetload of Cards (link on the sidebar).

The papers are all CTMH, the poinsettias and sentiment are from Verve Stamps. This is the outside of one of the ten cards - I'm not doing single shots of all of them here on the blog as they are all very similar - some are duplicates. They use a mix of CTMH papers for a little variety.


See that cute scalloped border? EK-Success Diamond Scallop border punch. My new favourite. I have a few more (gotta love the Michael's 40% off coupon!).

Below you can see the inside of one of the cards. The different colour on the lighter poinsettias was achieved by stamping off the ink to scrap paper first then stamping the residual ink onto the actual image I wanted to use. As dearly beloved pointed out - I could have saved time and ink by stamping my darker poinsettia and then stamping the other poinsettias with the residual from that. Oh well, next time!

The sentiment reads - Merry Christmas From our house to yours.

And this is a shot of all ten cards. You can see that the papers were mixed amongst the cards.


Oh yeah, the ribbon is CTMH as well.

So enough dilly-dallying for today. I am attending my first ever all day crop tomorrow hosted by Jenn and have not done anything to prepare except print a few (well 30 or so) old photos of my parents. I really need to get my papers ready and choose from amongst all my toys what I will bring with me to the crop. That is going to be SOOOOOO hard. I love them all! I think I may have to stick with the basics though.

I am VERY tempted to just bring card-making stuff with me though. I'm behind and need to get the Mother's day cards done and saturday would be a perfect chance for that. hmmm....I wonder if there are any rules for what we are supposed to be doing at the crop? I think I may feel a little intimidated with all the other scrappers there as I really just toy with scrap-booking.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow - good for you on getting christmas cards done - they're stunning! Have fun at your crop today!
Hugs, Danielle

Jenn said...

These are great!! See you tomorrow!!