The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

For My Mom

This is the card I made for my Mom for Mother's day. It uses CTMH paper and Verve sentiments. Another of those flowers from Zellers! The sketch is from Sheetload of Cards.


Anyhow, I seriously thought of making this a funny card instead. At some point in the future I still might - maybe for her birthday in June. See, everyone who sees me and my Mom ALWAYS comment how much I look like her. And the older I get, the more I hear that comment. Mind you, I tower over my shortie Mom. So, I had thought of crossing out hope and writing {KNOW} and crossing out little bit and writing {LOT}. I have some of the doodlefactory stamps in their larger sizes and smaller sizes and think I could play that up with using two of those identical stamps. Or maybe by playing around with some of my digi-Anyas. Anyways, I'll be toying with that idea.

Now, the other thing I made for my Mom is a memory book. It has both old and more recent photos of her with each of her children and grand-children and, of course, with my Dad. I'm going to TRY to add it to my blog (or this post) as a slideshow. We shall see how that goes momentarily.

Update - well, I was able to add the slideshow on the left sidebar. Alternatively, you can check it out on Picasa Web Albums here . I think.

If only I could figure out how to put the slideshow IN the post itself.

4 comments:

Janna said...

Oh wow, your mom is going to adore this card! It is simply stunning! I love the way you tore the paper! When I do that all it looks like is I tore the paper and then forgot to throw it away! You have definitely mastered the art! Lov ethe sentimet and flower as well! A gorgeous card! I know wha tyou mean about funny cards. That is usually the kind my mom likes too and people tell me I look like her all the time as well!

Smiles,
janna

Cindy Haffner said...

So pretty.

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful! Thanks for playing!