The Stamps I Use

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Happy Birthday - Doodlefactory style

This card is for a co-worker who celebrates his birthday today. Tomorrow he gets this card:



along with some cupcakes and home-made peanut butter cups. Actually, a whole bunch of peanut cups were made - 6 dozen in fact. Mostly to be taken to his Mom in Nova Scotia (she's a fan of my pb cups). I made so much filling I actually have a whole cake decorating bag full left-over. My dearly beloved made a suggestion for a square I could make so.....I'll be in the kitchen again tomorrow night!

This card is for a few challenges on the Stampin' Out Alzheimer's site. The sketch is from the Little Paper Shop challenge. I decided to play it up a bit and make this a clear card for another of the challenges. I also attached the rectangular panels by sewing them on (for another of the challenges to included stitching on your card). And finally, I attached three buttons for an element of the sketch for another of the challenges.

My little guy is another Doodlefactory image. The cake and sentiment are from Stamps and Smiles. Links to both sources are on the left side of the blog.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

What a great card - I love it! And how lucky to get PB cups too - mmm, miss those! Can't have it in the house as my littlest guy has nut allergies! :(
Hugs, Danielle

Carolyn Bounds said...

This card is FABULOUS, and you did an awesome job incorporating all those wonderful challenges!!! I have had so much fun at SOA:o) I am so very happy that this incredible paper crafting community came together to help such a worthy cause!!! It makes me well up inside to be a part of such a beautiful group of talented people!!!

I also wanted to thank you for your gracious comments on my SNSS card. You definitely brightened my Sunday night!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Tanya Rudd said...

This is wonderful! Not to mention, I am drooling over the mention of PB cups! Great Job!

Juliana said...

Yapples is my FAVORITE character to use on birthday cards!!!
This is soooo cute!!
I love the cake and hat you put with him!!