The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

SASMR2 - Happy Anniversary

On May 7th my dearly beloved and I celebrate nine years of being together. So, the card I made for him had to be a little special. The SASMR2 sketch from Stamps and Smiles came to the rescue.


I decided that the sketch screamed APERTURE card to me so out came the nestabilities and the cuttlebug. As you can see, my photography skills on aperture cards are even worse than usual. This is the front of the card (yes, that's my finger on the left and a camera shadow on the right) held flat so you can see the sentiment clearly through the aperture.


Above is a standing shot of the front. I layered CTMH paper from the Key to my heart package on top of colonial white cardstock which was layered on sorbet cardstock. Precision cutting with the nestabilities required some invisible tape to hold the dies in perfect position as each layer was cut, starting with the largest opening.

And this is the inside of the card. Frugal me used the offcuts from the DP and the colonial white for my sentiment panel on the inside. The sentiments by the way are from the friendship word puzzle stamp set from CTMH.


I think my dearly beloved will like it -- even if it has an awful lot of "pink" tones.

5 comments:

Mrs B said...

really like your card!

Danielle said...

This is great - I love the aperture feature! So nicely done and I'm sure your hubby will love it! Congrats on your special day tomorrow - enjoy!
Hugs, Danielle

Jenn said...

YIPPEE!! Awesome card! I'm sure he'll love it!!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card. Happy Anniversary!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Gorgoues cards, I LOVE the pretty dp and window on the front!!

Thank you so much for playing along with us during our release! We hope to see you tomorrow during the blog hop! 9 pm central.

Hugs & Smiles,
Jennifer :)