The Stamps I Use

Friday, May 29, 2009

Warmest Thanks

So, I took a few days off this week to tackle a terribly long to-do list. I did manage to squeeze in just a little paper-crafting to do one of the card sketch challenges over at Stampin' Out Alzheimer's .


Now, I'm not 100% sure I'm happy with this card. I fussed with it an awful lot and ...well, meh. Problem is, I REALLY wanted to use this funky paper. I loved the bleeding colours and how every inch of the paper was different. The piece with the scrollwork stamped on it? That's actually from the same piece of paper! I know, it looks ALMOST completely white in the photo but in real life there is just a hint of blue throughout it.

Anyways, I think I need to do another card with this sketch - maybe with some of my Magnolia images I coloured up last weekend that are lying on the table in the craft room screaming to be used!

As it happens, this card also ties in to the challenge over at Daring CardMaker's today. How cool is that? I had wanted to bring out some of the reds that were washed into the paper and had the ribbon in my stash but thought that my randomly stamped flowers needed a little something. So, out came the brad container and FIVE larger red brads to use as the flower centres. I think they make an okay accent with the CTMH Dutch Blue ink I used on the card.

So, now I have another thank you card for my stash. One can never have enough cards to say thanks.

9 comments:

Kathy said...

lovely card - lovely paper and those red brads really do help tie it all together - thanks for sharing your card with The Daring Cardmakers this week

Anice said...

I can understand why you would want to use this paper it's fab! Great card.
Anice xx

Rein said...

Pretty card!

Jenn said...

Love it - that paper is really cool!

Ellen said...

those brads are set off great by the blue , that handmade piece is beautiful the way th colours gently mingle

SueH said...

I can’t see why you’ve not happy with your card, I think it looks great.
You can’t fail to miss those big Red brads and they certainly had the desired effect of bringing out the colour in your backing paper.
A really fab card!

Sue
x

Pascale said...

Those red brads finish this card perfectly, hugs Pascale

liveart said...

Beautiful card!

Juhi said...

Pretty card........the red brads add a great touch