The Stamps I Use

Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Fresh Batch - SASSC19

This week's sketch over at Stamps and Smiles- The Fresh Batch was definitely a neat one to work with. I took inspiration from one of the cards that used a nestabilities labels die and came up with this birthday card for my cousin.


Carl has become a very popular subject with cards I am making for the men/boys in my life.

This is the inside of the card.


The card measures 6x6.

paper:
black cardstock base is CTMH
DP is "Namath" from the MVP line from patterned paper (got it at Desserres)
Nestabilities Labels Two was used for the panels.
The lower grey panel was embossed with my cuttlebug. I can never remember if that one is the herringbone or argyle. Whatever.
Outside sentiment panel was cut with my nestabilities small deckled rectangles...twice to make it smaller.
Stamped image and sentiment are Stamps and Smiles. Carl was coloured with -- my prismacolours!

4 comments:

Vickilyn said...

One has to love Carl! Glad he's getting lots of love at your house. Great card!

Thanks for playing with us at Stamps & Smiles this week!

~Vicki

Jennifer Meyer said...

Awww what a sweet card Sheena! LOVE the fun design using Carl the cupcake! Have a fun week!

Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Viv said...

Ooh Sheena! I LOVE your colours for Carl the Cupcake! He's a little smasher. Thanks for playing along and hopefully you'll join us again this week.
Viv xx

Pam Varnell said...

What a cute "guy" card. Your cousin is going to love it. Thanks for playing along with us.