The Stamps I Use

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

How nerdy am I? or....how to take your work home with you

Okay, so for those of you who don't know, I am a database administrator. And now it seems that my work life and my hobby life have to collide.

As I write this I am downloading OpenOffice (oops, just finished...must now install). Back in a sec....

okay, unpacking the install files...back to blog post.

See, my stamp collection and other crafting tools desperately need to be properly inventoried. I'm a little obsessive about organizing things. So, what better way than to create a database? Mmm hmmm. Like I need something else on my to-do list right? Anyways, I think it will be worthwhile. I already have data model in my mind's eye so....

yeah, I'm a nerd.

I'll be able to keep track of the manufacturer, website, image. I'll categorize them for easy searches...blah blah blah.

Oh I am SUCH a nerd.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Geez, I wish I could be that organized!!! Good for you for doing an inventory of your crafting goods - I think if I did this it would scare me into knowing exactly just how much stuff I have, lol!!! Don't think I need to clarify that one!
Hugs, Danielle

Tanya Rudd said...

Ok, I am SOOOOOOO jealous! Does that make me a nerd too?