The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

June Sheetload of Cards with Carl

Aren't social networks little tattle-tales? I saw something tonight that I am very happy to say spilled the beans on a co-worker's birthday tomorrow. Phew! The June issue of Sheetload of Cards came to my rescue for a quick card sketch to use.



And, lucky for me I had visited Deserres and Michael's yesterday and picked up some masculine looking papers. I stamped a couple of Carl the Cupcake (from Stamps and Smiles), coloured him with my watercolours (my prismas are on their way as of May 27th) and cut out and popped up the second image. I did the edge of the blue panel with one of my EK success border punches. Inside the card I stamped the sentiment "A little cupcake told me....it's your birthday!". Said co-worker should not be eating REAL cupcakes as he is recovering from some cardiac episodes from the last year... and is only in his mid-forties!

So, I think I did pretty good for a quick masculine card. I really need to try to keep a few on-hand.

2 comments:

Tanya Rudd said...

Masculine, and wonderful! Love the embellies too. Your coloring is fantastic too. Two thumbs up!

Jenn said...

LOVE IT!! The paper is great and fab job on the colouring!!