The Stamps I Use

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Just Bee-cuze

Over at Stamps and Smiles, this week's Fresh Batch Sketch was a fun sketch with which to play.

As you can see below, I turned the sketch on its side.



I did a bunch of paper-piecing on this one. I stamped the pot onto terra cotta coloured DP and then glued coffee grounds for the dirt. Yes, coffee grounds. Although I realized too late that we grind our coffee super-fine so.....maybe oreo cookie crumbs would have been better...tee hee hee! I just realized, I technically allowed coffee back into my craft room. And it wasn't a disaster!

The stem and leaves were stamped onto a pale green cardstock with two leaves for dimension. The same is true of the flower. I stamped it twice onto watercolour paper, then coloured with prismacolor pencils.

Mr. Bee was stamped onto yellow cardstock and then his wings were Stickled.


Here are the details:

The card measures 4 x 5.5.
The papers are all CTMH
The stamped image and sentiment are from Stamps and Smiles.
The image panels were cut with nestabilities.

5 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

So cute! Love the coffee grounds idea!! All of your paper piecing looks fantastic!

Mercy said...

love, love, love this...great dimension and coloring! love the dp, too! the cofee grounds idea is ingenious!

thanks for playing along with this week's SAS sketch, and i hope to see you again next week!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Viv said...

How ingenious!!! Coffee grounds for soil. VERY clever (and I bet it smells good too)!
Love your card with all the gorgeous details. Thanks for playing along with us at SAS.
Viv xx

Vickilyn said...

This is adorable!! It's wonderful!

Thanks for playing with us at Stamps & Smiles this week!!

~Vicki

Jennifer Meyer said...

Darling card Sheena, LOVE the fun paper piecing and adorable coffee grounds!

Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles, Jennifer :)