The Stamps I Use

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Verve Stamps Release Week

Verve Stamps is releasing their next lineup of stamps this week - Friday to be exact. You can see the challenges issued at this post on their blog. I was a little busy this week (the garden calls) and only found time to do one of the awesome sketches in time for the deadline. I have a bunch of cards to make this weekend though and you can bet that the rest of the sketches WILL be used on those cards.

This is my take on the VSJUN02 Sketch.


I think this one appealed to me as the one I HAD to make because it reminds me of quilt blocks (which reminds me must work on my brother's quilt on my days off next week). PLUS....the big panel in the middle was just perfecto for this little guy from the Doodlefactory line of stamps from StarvingArtistamps (did you know they are having a blog hop on July 8th...new release!!!!!!). The cupcake (it is NOT a muffin my dearly beloved - it has FROSTING!!) is also a doodlefactory image.

I'm still playing with my Prismacolor Pencils so both images were coloured with them. I still haven't perfected "the Jenn" and don't think I ever will. I decided his little crown needed some sparkle and lucky me, I had stopped earlier this week at Michael's and picked up some little gems that were on clearance!

Anywhoooooos......ta ta for ta-night! Friday night looks like it will be a stamping night at Chrissy's while our dearly beloveds head out for an evening of D&D (this card is actually going to one of the other D&D players). I'll be thinking of the cards I need to make this weekend and probably do a few images for those - end of school year cards for my three nieces and nephew in Newfoundland, birthday cards for my dearly beloved's SIL and a friend of ours, an anniversary card for my cousin and his wife. And those are just the cards I need to have finished THIS weekend!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Very cute card Sheena - I love the googly eyes on the frog!! Have fun stamping up all those cards this weekend!
Hugs, Danielle

Tanya Rudd said...

I Love the google eyes! You have such awesome paper too! Have a great weekend,

Tanya