The Stamps I Use

Friday, July 24, 2009

Another gift set

Warning - this is a long post folks! 13 cards in total as I have made another gift set. This one for our office manager who is moving on to greener pastures.

This first card measures a mere 3.5 x 3.5 inches and was the mini-card/tag I attached to the basket of cards. I used Kazan's sketch 31 from 2 Sketches 4 You for the layout of the little card.



A cute little card for our little pixie of an office manager. She's barely 5 ft tall but somehow manages to keep a staff of around 100 or so computer techies in line. We will be missing her.

The first six cards you see below are all side folds. When I gave them to Marie-Andree she said "Ack! Did you know I am CRAZY about ARGYLE?"....nope, no clue. But she does wear lots of black so I thought these papers were an excellent choice. I have been hording them in my craft room for a few weeks now. Not wanting to make something to give away but....I did.








These six cards are tent-fold and use a sketch from the CTMH Originals series: Left Frame.








I just love the stamp sets I used for these cards. They are my go-to sets when I make these card sets to give away. In case you are wondering they are:
D1349 Be Yourself
D1283 Say it in Style
D1327 Just Because
D1187 For Every Occasion

Coolest thing about this project - the twelve cards for the set were made in three hours. Start to finish - choosing paper, choosing layout, choosing stamps, cutting papers, stamping images, assembling cards.

I also like the juxtaposition of the masculine and feminine - the colours and argyle and stripes somewhat masculine. The blinginess of the papers and the images - totally femme.


Cards all measure 4 x 5.5 inches.

Thanks for stopping by....and for reading to the end!

5 comments:

cheryln said...

such cute cards!

Winter said...

Very cute! I love the stamps!

Tanya Rudd said...

I am loving the black and white! Very nice collection Sheena.

Kazan Clark said...

what an amazing collection of cards you have here. Love all the B&W images and of course the one you made for 2S4Y.
:) Kazan

KimmyS said...

Amazing!!! I love just how many wonderful cards you created from the sketches

Thanks so much for playing along at
http://2sketches4you.blogspot.com/