The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Dad's Memory Book - Wedding Day

The other thing I love about scrapping old family pictures - my Mom and Dad's wedding pictures. My Mom is pretty short (barely 5 feet and shrinking - or maybe my heels are just getting higher) and I think she just looks adorable standing next to my Dad with his Buddy Holly glasses. She must have been wearing high heels in this picture!


Nearly forty years ago - aren't they too cute?

This layout is one of my own making. I had picked up this roll of paper garden ties at Lee Valley with the express purpose of using it for paper crafting projects. I thought the colours would work just perfectly with this paper pack. I adhered it to the pages with double-sided template tape (also from Lee Valley). That stuff is THE ABSOLUTE strongest double-sided tape I have in my stash of adhesives. No mistakes allowed when using that stuff. That's why it is my go-to adhesive for things I definitely don't want detaching. When I actually put all of these pages onto the accordion book, that's what I used.

And here are the details of the layout:

All DP is from the "It's a Guy Thing" Level 2 Paper Pack, the cardstock is also CTMH in the coordinating colours.

Photo:
5 x 5 inches

Cardstock:
Desert Sand: 9x9 inches

Designer Paper:
Beige Canvas: 8.5 x 8.5 inches
Brown Polka Dot: 5.5 x 5.5 inches

Sentiment: CTMH February Word Puzzle (D1269)

Ink: Cocoa

Accessories: Paper Garden Ties from Lee Valley, Large Brown Brad

1 comment:

Tanya Rudd said...

I really like this one! You did a wonderful job with the book!