The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fisherman Ian - for a coworker

Ta da - another of my July birthdays can be scratched off the list! I cracked open my PaperworksCo July Papercard kit this morning and made my first card using the papers and embellies. I think it came out pretty decent if I do say so myself.



The designer papers in this month's kit are from the Lime Rickey line from Basic Grey. I thought the blues would be great with little Fisherman Ian from The Greeting Farm. I had stamped up a few of these little guys when we had our stamping get-together at Jenn's a while back. I knew he would come in handy soon! You see, the coworker to whom this is going is an avid fisherman. Ian was coloured with a combination of .... yes, Tattered Rose Distress ink for his face and Prismacolor Pencils blended with Taltine.

The panels are all raised on dimensional foam dots and the buttons are attached with glue dots. No I didn't sew them as I didn't want the stitching to show on the inside of the card. The embroidery thread you see tied through the button holes is just for show!


Details for the card:

sketch: Little Paper Shop
dimensions: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, side fold

papers: all are from the PaperworksCo July Papercard Kit

aqua cardstock: 8.5 x 5.5 inches, scored at 4.25 inches, front embossed with Cuttlebug Spots and Dots folder

white cardstock: 3 x 8.5 inches cut into 3 pieces as follows: 2 that measured 3 x 2 3/8 inches and then the leftover. The largest piece was then die cut with the largest of the small deckled rectangle nestabilities and the edges were sponged with CTMH Ocean ink.

Lime Rickey papers: 3 x 2 3/8 inches from Blue Moon and Boston Cooler and then die cut with the second largest of the small deckled rectangle nestabilities.

ink:
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tattered Rose
CTMH Ocean
Prismacolor Pencils 940, 1027, 946, 1024, 915

embellishments:
buttons are from the PaperworksCo July Papercard kit, embroidery floss is from my stash


I hope he likes it -- although he is colour blind and may have some difficulty with the colours on the card.

And don't forget, PaperworksCo has a big party planned tonight from 6pm to 8pm Mountain Time! The latest post on the site says there will be giveaways involving a scavenger hunt on the site!

1 comment: