The Stamps I Use

Monday, July 13, 2009

For my Great Uncle and Great Aunt

So Sunday turned out to be a bit busier for me for card-making than I had planned. During my Sunday phone call with my folks, my Mom could be heard in the background telling my Dad "Tell Sheena that your Uncle Arthur's birthday is on the 17th and Aunt Marie will be 90 a few days later!"

So, up to craft room after dinner to quickly turn out a couple of simpler cards than the other two I made earlier in the day.

This is my great uncle's card.


I do like the muted colours on this paper from an American Traditional Designs Earthtone paperpack I picked up ages ago.

The deets for the card:
finished size: 4 x 5.5 inches, tent fold
sketch: CTMH Originals Tiny Trio
stamps: CTMH Holiday Jubilee (D1128)
inks: CTMH New England Ivy

paper sizes:
black: 4 x 5.5 inches, 3/8 x 5.25inches, 1.5 x 1.5 inches (x3)
checkerboard: 3.75 x 5.25 inches
green: 2.5 x 5.25 inches (then bottom edge torn)
grey: 1.25 x 1.25 inches (x3)

And this is my great aunt's



I did a quick make on this card using the CTMH Just Because Card Kit and using the CTMH Originals Modern Gallery sketch from the idea book in the kit.

The deets for the card:
finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, side fold
stamps: CTMH Just Because (D1327) and For Every Occasion (D1187)
inks: CTMH Cocoa and Tulip
accessories: small sparkles

paper sizes:
cocoa: 4 x .25 inches, 2.5 x 2 inches
colonial white: 2 x 1.5 inches
Damask: 4 x 2 inches

I hope they know that even though I am far away, I still think of them and remember the fun times growing up and playing at their cottage (or as we say in Nfld "cabin"). The cottage is still in the family - one of my Aunts has it now and has a tremendous garden there!

The Originals sketch book does come in handy when pressed for time for a sketch. I can't wait to get my Wishes book tomorrow!

No comments: