The Stamps I Use

Thursday, July 2, 2009

For You - A Gift of Cards

So this turns out to be a funny coincidence. I had planned to make a gift of coordinated cards to my dearly beloved's sister-in-law for her birthday. The challenge this week for Project Tuesday? To make an A2 size card box!

So, I followed the tutorial on SCS and voila! Easy Peasy!


I am serious folks. Sometimes tutorials are a little hard to follow. You know what I mean. Sometimes the brain just can't get around all those measurements and 2-D photos. But this one is so simple. And look at the results. If I do say so myself, it looks pretty darn good.

Look at the lovely edge! Yes, I am loving this EK Success Parisian border punch. Adds such a lovely detail on this box I think.


So here are the deets for this box:

the box base and top follow the instructions in the tutorial. The bottom uses CTMH chocolate cardstock, the top uses CTMH Blush cardstock.

The layout for the top of the box is actually sketch 23 from Inspirational Card Sketches.

Papers are all from CTMH "That's Amore" Level 2 paper pack.

Cardstock:
blush: 4 3/8 x 1 1/2 inches

Designer Paper:
Striped: 4 5/8 x 5 7/8 inches
Dark Patterned: 4 x 4 3/4 inches
Light Patterned: 1 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches

Ink: CTMH Chocolate
Sentiment: CTMH "For Every Occasion" (D1187)
Embellishment: Flower from my stash

15 comments:

Danielle said...

Nicely done Sheena - that border punch really does finish that edge off so perfectly! Great job and your sis-in-law is sure to love her gift!
Hugs, Danielle

Mrs B said...

Just beautiful! I'm sure your sister in law will just love it!
Thanks for playing along with us at Project Tuesday!
Cindyb

Heather said...

This gift box is so sweet! I love your colors and the border punch you used. Great use of the sketch and thanks for playing along with us at ICS!

Dolly said...

Great take on the sketch. Love the colours. Thanks for playing along at ICS. :)xx

melody said...

simply beautiful ~ lovin that color mix and oh..what a yummy border!

Terrie B x said...

Your Box is `fabulous`Sheena..
Thanks for joining in with I-C-S this week:) xxx

Tricia said...

yes you are right, this is a terrific box! i love the accents on the edges using the punch. Great job making the top of the box match the sketch! very clever indeed!

Vickilyn said...

That's BEAUTIFUL!! I love the punch you used on the edge - I actually have that punch and was going to use it - but it was scaring me! LOL

Thanks for playing with us at Project Tuesday this week!!

~Vicki

Liz Weber said...

That card box rocks - it's just so pretty and perfect for cards and I just LOVE that you used ICS #23 for the box cover - very clever!

Regina said...

the border adds just the perfect touch! great take on the sketch! thanks for playing along at ICS

wendipooh13 said...

wow what a great project and jsut love the details on it!!! great job with the IC sketch this week!!!

Fink said...

Fantastic idea to use it for a decorative box! The edging is just wonderful! Thanks for joining us at ICS!

Fran, said...

Beautiful job on the box.
Cheers

scrapnnMO said...

Awesome Sheena! Isn't that just the cutest gift box. Yum color scheme to! Lovely job welld on using ICS #23 as your inspiration! Thanks for joining us! :)
♥Dawn♥

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful box Sheena, LOVE the gorgeous design on top of the box and the stunning border! (I so have to get that punch)

Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles - Project Tuesday! Hugs, Jennifer :)