The Stamps I Use

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Gift hedgy

I needed to make a card for my dearly beloved's youngest niece - her birthday is on Sunday and we should be seeing her this Friday before she heads back home to Alberta. I took my inspiration from this card that was posted over at the PaperWorksCo Blog today. Thanks for the inpiration Judy! I just loved the idea of using the nestabilities OFF-CENTRE instead of perfectly lined up. So this is what I came up with for the 2nd birthday of a cute little girl.


It had to be bright....so yellow and pink it was! EVERYWHERE! Well, except for Hedgy. The little daisy in the bottom left is actually a button but I popped out the centre and replaced it with a pink brad so it would sit a little better on the card.

Hedgy was coloured with a whole bunch of things - distress ink, prismacolors and ctmh markers.

Here are the deets!

card dimensions: 4 x 5.5 inches

Pink DP: 4 x 5.5 inches
Yellow DP: 3.75 x 5.25 inches

Nestabilities: scalloped ovals from the small and large sets.
embellishments: ribbon, button, brads
stamp: Penny Black Gift Hedgy

Prismacolor Pencils: 904, 1067
Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Tattered Rose
CTMH Markers: Pink Carnation, Sunkiss Yellow, Baby Pink, Petal, Sweet Leaf, Bubblegum