The Stamps I Use

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Happy 50th Birthday - from Skoober

Happy 50th!



This is another card made for my co-worker who is turning 50 on July 31st. Those of us who are attending his birthday brouhaha chipped in to get him a little something from his favourite outdoorsy shop (he is an AVID fisherman) and I was nominated to make the card.

I fretted over this card for DAYS!!!! Let’s see, already covered the fishing theme with the card I made for him from me. My dinosaur stamps are all too cutesy for a 50 year old. We have a few running jokes that involve him but I didn’t have anything in my stamps to kind of go with those ideas. So I decided I had to go with something that actually mentions his age – since he is the senior in our group.

I mentioned in my post for his other card (my blue fisherman Ian) that he is colour blind.So, I REALLY wanted to use the Fruit Fizz Lime Rickey paper from my July PaperCard Kit from PaperworksCo. Just so we could have fun asking him what colours he sees when he looks at the card.

I dug through my stamps and came across my Humorous Birthday Stamp set from Inkadinkado. I cut apart one of the stamps so that I could use just the sentiment – I didn’t think the old lady on the kiddie horse ride was quite the right image for a masculine birthday card.

Then I went thumbing through my huge binder of Doodlefactory stamps from StarvingArtistamps and chose Skoober. Yes, you’ve seen him before on my brother’s Father’s Day card. I just love this little guy It’s the googly eyes, sticking out tongue and the beanie. Coloured him up with my Prismacolor Pencils to match the paper I selected and off we go.

Okay so DP covered, sentiment covered, image covered…..layout? CPS126 to the rescue. The circles on the left of the sketch would be perfect with the circles on the paper! Sold! I grabbed the Bazzill Smoothies Yellow, white and black and my circle nestabilities and starting rolling through the Cuttlebug. As you can see, I stamped the Happy 50th Birthday across the three circles and then background stamped each with some birthday candles as the white circles were just too plain. Matted the image with the Green Bling Card Stock and Black and then attached everything to a black card base.

Final Card Size 5 x 6.5 inches

Papers: PaperworksCo July Papercard Kit featuring Lime Rickey by Basic Grey

Stamps: StarvingArtistamps Doodlefactory Skoober

Inkadinkado Humorous Birthday (sentiment)

Studio G Birthday Candles

CTMH B1295 - Solos Zero, B1290 - Solos 5 and B1283 - Say it in Style

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, CTMH Sunkiss Yellow, Citrus Leaf

PrismaColor Pencils: 925, 913, 989

Nestabilities: Small and Large Circles

No comments: