The Stamps I Use

Friday, July 3, 2009

Pre-School Graduation

My sister's youngest daughter graduated from pre-school a little while ago and I am just now getting around to making her card. I know, bad Auntie. But, I was waiting until I got word on how all of the kids did at the end of the school year before sending out cards to each of them.



I used the sketch from this week's Friday Sketchers Challenge Blog .

I know what you are thinking - purple and YELLOW? But honestly, the inspiration came from the butterfly paper that is mostly hidden on this card. There are little white flowers with yellow centres scattered about the paper. If you look really close you can see one peeking out from under the purple ribbon!

I embossed the solid purple triangle with a Cuttlebug folder that I though was appropriate for a graduation card - although I must admit I usually use this one on birthday cards. Duh? Why did I never think of that before?

Little Graduation Anya's gown and hat are coloured with Prismacolor Pencils (blended with Taltine) while her face is coloured with Ranger Distress Ink (Tattered Rose).

The rest of the details are as follows:

Prismacolor Pencils used (956, 950, 997, 943, 928, 935)

Card measures 5 x 5 inches

Butterfly paper: 4.5 x 4.5 inches
Embossed triangle: 4 x 4 inches cut on the diagonal
Image panel: 3.5 x 2.5 inches

Yellow Mats: 4.75 x 4.75 inches, 4.25 x 4.25 inches cut on the diagonal, 3.75 x 2.75 inches

embellishments: ribbon, large square brads

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Great card Kanat, love the image and your colouring is fab.
Barbara :)

Jess said...

Fabulous card! I think the purple and yellow look awesome together!