The Stamps I Use

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Suzie Makes a Wish!

Happy Birthday from Suzie!



So I was sifting through the sketches I wanted to do and realized I had not yet used the July Sheetload of Cards sketch! Now, I do have plans to use it for a batch of Christmas Cards but I won’t get to those until vacation time. Since I needed to make a card for my dearly beloved’s niece’s fifth birthday, I decided I could use it for that card.

I also wanted to use one of my Greeting Farm stamps which I *THINK* I have not yet used on a card. Suzie Surprise! I went sifting through my July PaperCard Kit from PaperWorksCo and found that I had not yet cut into my Tart & Tiny DP. Perfect! Oh, and the Green Bling cardstock! And the green polka dot ribbon.

I scalloped the edge of the Green Bling Cardstock using my corner rounder punch (paper guide removed) since all of my border punches are a little too fancy and I figured would make the card just a little *TOO* busy.

I attached my ribbon and set about colouring Suzie with my Prismacolor Pencils – picking up the colours from the papers. I have two more of her coloured up exactly the same and MAY use her on my ANYA-Versary Blog Hop card (note to self: MAKE the card!) unless I decide to use my Hippie Anya which is just smiling at me waiting to be used!

Decided I should put the sentiment on the cupcake and had a DEVIL of a time getting everything centred the way I wanted (one reason I like rubber stamps just a little less than clear ones). Next time, I’ll just cut the sentiment apart BEFORE stamping. The cupcake looked a little too plain to me so I went sorting through my Stickles and grabbed the Icicle “flavour” to edge the cupcake and covered the cupcake wrap.

Alrighty, done!

Finished Card Size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches

Papers: July PaperCard Kit from Paperworks Co Featuring Lime Rickey

Stamps: The Greeting Farm – Suzie Surprise

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

PrismaColor Pencils: 915, 916, 917, 927, 928, 913, 994, 993, 949, 935, 903

Embellishments: Ribbon from PaperCard Kit, brad to attach bow to ribbon, Icicle Stickles

No comments: