The Stamps I Use

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Another gift set you say?

Ah yes, I can really churn out the cards when I have a motivating reason AND don't use my PrismaColor pencils for colouring in images! It was my neighbour's birthday yesterday and I made this set of cards for her.

When I first got these Bonbon papers from the Doodlebug Designs Inc Paper Potpourri line from PaperWorksCo I knew they would wind up in a set of cards for someone soon. Since Dominique really likes browns and natural colours, I knew they would be perfect for her set.

This first card is her actual birthday card - no involved sketch or anything - just a simple layout with a simple sentiment.



The focal paper on this card has a yummy velvet brocade texture.

The rest of the cards which follow (twelve of them), use the same sketch inspired by the CTMH Wishes Lucky Layout Sketch, I just mix up the papers and the stamped images/sentiments. I am going to have to find myself some new stamps that will be my go-to stamps for doing these card sets. Pretty soon, everyone will have received a set with these lovely female silhouettes.

For the first four cards, the papers would have worked equally well (I think) on masculine cards.






For these four cards, the centre strip is a very textured, glittery sheet from the paper pack. Trust me, I was covered with little sparkles. But the paper looks great on the cards.




For these last four cards, I decided to use a strip of Tan Parchment card stock for the centre strip and emboss it with one of my Cuttlebug Border strips. I think took a sponge and lightly inked over the entire strip with Memento Rich Cocoa to highlight the embossing.







Since my neighbour is moving in less than two weeks, I presented this set of cards along with some card-making goodies that I can't live without (pre-made card blanks and envelopes and dimensional foam squares) as a "gift of time" - since she is is busy with getting her new house finished and the old house packed up that I am sure she doesn't have a whole lot of time for making cards right now.

Card details:
finished size 4.25 x 5.5 inches
Papers: DoodleBug Designs Paper Potpourri Bonbon , CTMH Brown Bag Card Stock, The Paper Company Tan Parchment Card Stock, White Card Stock
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Stamps: CTMH For Every Occasion (D1187), Just Because (D1327), Moments (D1210), Be Yourself (D1349), Best Wishes (C1318)
embellishments: ribbon from my stash, Dew Drops
tools: cuttlebug, cuttlebug just my type embossing border folders

2 comments:

Danielle said...

wow - beautiful set of cards Sheena! I really love those female silhouette stamps - so elegant! And gorgeous papers and designs too!
Hugs, Danielle

Sparkle said...

What pretty cards! I love the whole set.