I know I do! But even if you don't love sweets you will LOVE the candy I have for you! I first grabbed this blog address on August 12th 2008 but my first CARD post went up four days later on August 16th . Kind of sweet how the card says "friendship" I think.
I decided to celebrate both my blog anniversary AND my term as a contributor to the PaperWorksCo blog by putting together a few of my currently must-have or favourite things for card-making.
- a sketch pad from Lee Valley. I don't know about you but I HAVE to draw out my card before I actually cut anything. And I'm a stickler for measurements. These pads are perfect because they are gridded with the imperial markings on the left and bottom and metric on the right. Unless you are making a WHOPPING huge card, trust me they are great. And since I like to keep track of my card "recipes" (yes I file them away), there is ample space on the pad to write down the sketch source, the papers, the inks, embellishments, the pencils (I test my prismacolors here before I use them), etc that were used on the card! In my next post, I'll show you what one of my finished "recipe cards" actually looks like when I am done....messy!
- a roll of double-sided transfer tape from Lee Valley. Yes, I know. What? This stuff is super for holding those "heavily embellished" card fronts to your card bases....or for 3-D items. I don't use it on every card, just the ones that need something a little stronger than my usual tape runner adhesive.
- card blanks and envelopes! Where would I be without them? I'm often a lazy card-maker and love the convenience of pre-packaged card blanks and envelopes and thought you might like the convenience too!
- dimensional foamies! Okay, I'm guilty of popping up SOMETHING on almost every card I make. It's a rare day when I finish a card and it is actually flat!
- and, well, I HAVE to shout out to PaperWorks in my celebration candy. So, I have for you the Safari Friends and Aqua Amigos.
- And I'm not done shouting out to PaperWorks. How does the August PaperCard Kit sound? Trust me, it is PERFECT with the Aqua Amigos cards. Just follow the link to see the pic on the PaperWorks Co site of everything that comes in the kit.
Okay, so I slipped everything out from the pretty bow so you could see all the goodies!
- a Cuttlebug Cut and Emboss set - The Sports Balls set. Great for those of you who would like to make some sporty cards or layouts!
- EIGHT Palette Hybrid Inks - these are multi-surface inks - not just for paper!
- two cute stamp sets from Inque Boutique - Checkers Galore and Angelic that can be used with your acrylic blocks
- and bling! glorious bling! from Imaginisce in Red and Blue - perfect for those Christmas and Winter cards everyone will be making soon!
I'll make the announcement of the winner the following day (in the evening) here on the blog. If your comment provides a way for me to contact you (via your own blog by leaving a comment, or by connecting to your "contact me" on your own blog, or by an email address in your comment then I'll send you a message that way also) Good luck, you crafty peeps!
By the way, don't forget that all month over at PaperWorksCo you can win goodies by commenting on the daily blog posts from the contributing team or by loading up your own PWCO Stamp projects.
And here you go...one final pic of all the goodies that will go to the one winner that will be selected.