The Stamps I Use

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Anybody have a sweet tooth?

update: Aug 21.The draw is closed and TannyP was the winner!



I know I do! But even if you don't love sweets you will LOVE the candy I have for you! I first grabbed this blog address on August 12th 2008 but my first CARD post went up four days later on August 16th . Kind of sweet how the card says "friendship" I think.


I decided to celebrate both my blog anniversary AND my term as a contributor to the PaperWorksCo blog by putting together a few of my currently must-have or favourite things for card-making.


  • a sketch pad from Lee Valley. I don't know about you but I HAVE to draw out my card before I actually cut anything. And I'm a stickler for measurements. These pads are perfect because they are gridded with the imperial markings on the left and bottom and metric on the right. Unless you are making a WHOPPING huge card, trust me they are great. And since I like to keep track of my card "recipes" (yes I file them away), there is ample space on the pad to write down the sketch source, the papers, the inks, embellishments, the pencils (I test my prismacolors here before I use them), etc that were used on the card! In my next post, I'll show you what one of my finished "recipe cards" actually looks like when I am done....messy!
  • a roll of double-sided transfer tape from Lee Valley. Yes, I know. What? This stuff is super for holding those "heavily embellished" card fronts to your card bases....or for 3-D items. I don't use it on every card, just the ones that need something a little stronger than my usual tape runner adhesive.
  • card blanks and envelopes! Where would I be without them? I'm often a lazy card-maker and love the convenience of pre-packaged card blanks and envelopes and thought you might like the convenience too!
  • dimensional foamies! Okay, I'm guilty of popping up SOMETHING on almost every card I make. It's a rare day when I finish a card and it is actually flat!
  • and, well, I HAVE to shout out to PaperWorks in my celebration candy. So, I have for you the Safari Friends and Aqua Amigos.
  • And I'm not done shouting out to PaperWorks. How does the August PaperCard Kit sound? Trust me, it is PERFECT with the Aqua Amigos cards. Just follow the link to see the pic on the PaperWorks Co site of everything that comes in the kit.
But that's not all, Peggy, our wonderful "boss lady" over at PaperWorksCo immediately offered to up the ante when I said I was doing a blog candy by sending me some goodies. She even sent everything wrapped up all purdy with a bow! Isn't she sweet? Take a lookie......


Okay, so I slipped everything out from the pretty bow so you could see all the goodies!
  • a Cuttlebug Cut and Emboss set - The Sports Balls set. Great for those of you who would like to make some sporty cards or layouts!
  • EIGHT Palette Hybrid Inks - these are multi-surface inks - not just for paper!
  • two cute stamp sets from Inque Boutique - Checkers Galore and Angelic that can be used with your acrylic blocks
  • and bling! glorious bling! from Imaginisce in Red and Blue - perfect for those Christmas and Winter cards everyone will be making soon!
So, no fancy footwork or blogwork or jumping through hoops to be entered to win. Just leave me a comment to indicate you would like to be entered and your name (or blogger id or email address whatever) goes into the proverbial hat (or random.org if there are more than a handful of entries). Since I know folks are on vacation or are enjoying what is left of their summer (WAS there one in your neck of the woods?), I'll leave the candy open for a week - closing it a midnight August 20 2009, Eastern.

I'll make the announcement of the winner the following day (in the evening) here on the blog. If your comment provides a way for me to contact you (via your own blog by leaving a comment, or by connecting to your "contact me" on your own blog, or by an email address in your comment then I'll send you a message that way also) Good luck, you crafty peeps!

By the way, don't forget that all month over at PaperWorksCo you can win goodies by commenting on the daily blog posts from the contributing team or by loading up your own PWCO Stamp projects.


And here you go...one final pic of all the goodies that will go to the one winner that will be selected.


Yummy.....

.s.

20 comments:

The PaperWorks said...

first!

can i still win? lol

jk!

congrats to your one year anniversary! a milestone in the blogging world!!!

here's to many many more!

Skrapbuker said...

Congrats on your one year anniversary!

Thanks for the chance to win such wonderful blog candy!

Wishing you many more blog years!

Stephanie said...

Happy Blogaversary to a fellow Canuck! I just recently discovered your blog (thanks to the last Club Anya blog hop) and love your work! Thanks for the chance to win such awesome candy - you're really going to spoil somebody!

Take care,
Steph
www.pinkstarcreations.blogspot.com

Loretta said...

What fun things! Thanks for the opportunity to win.

grammaretta at yahoo dot com

chrissywitch said...

Happy Anniversary!

Danielle said...

oo,ooo, I have a sweet tooth!!! And this candy looks totally delicious!! Congrats on blogging for 1 year!
Hugs, Danielle

Alenka said...

Congratulation on your 1st blogaversary!great candy! Thank you for the chance to win!
Hugs
Alenka

My Life In Ink said...

Congrats on your blogaversary!

I'm also thrilled to have you as a part of the PWCO Blog Team. You are a driving force and fun gal to have on the team and I look forward to the many more posts!

Thanks to yours and Peggy's efforts someone is going to very lucky to win all of your goodies - WOW!

Congrats!

Cheers!

Amanda

Mimi Hornberger said...

Happy One Year Blogaversary! I love blogging and finding new friends and wonderful creative people. I love your blog and have now added you to my daily Google Reader feed. Keep up the good work! XO, Mimi

iluvmybugs said...

Congrats on your first blogaversary! Thanks for the chance at the great candy...good luck to all!

Terry

Tanya Rudd said...

Thanks for posting this past year. I have gotten some really good ideas from you! Glad I got the chance to get to know you too, my good fortune.

:)

Colleen said...

Congrats on your blogaversary...Thanks for the sweet chance to win!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sheena, thank you so much for putting the "Anonymous" feature in there...now I can comment heehee:) Congratulations on your blogoversary! It is an amazing milestone and I am very happy for you. You and Peg are so sweet to offer such amazing blog candy (don't put me in for it, please)...just wanted to wish you a happy blogoversary!!!

Anonymous said...

That's my post there as Anonymous:) Take care; Tinla

Julie said...

Congrats on the anniversaries. Would love to win your candy & play. Love the sound of the pad for sketching out cards...defineatly need to try that one!lol

Sarah A said...

WOW! Fab candy!! I am glad there is someone else out there who sketches out their card before making it LOL! I must get some of the grid paper though as I use a huge pad which is under my cutting mat!

Thanks for the chance of winning. My blog is here

TannyP said...

I don't think Peggy's allowed to win =) LOL!

Wow - how incredibly awesomely generous of you!! What a great way to celebrate =)

Count me in!

KindredEsprit said...

Congrats on your blogiversary & PWCO blog team contributions!!! Thanks for sharing some of your favourite things! Thanks for sharing your tip on that Lee Valley tape!!!

crafty-kristy said...

Congratulations on your anniversary!!

I love seeing your creations that you come up with on your blog and at paperworks. Can't wait to see what other fabulous cards and ideas you come up with.

Wishing you many more years of blogging success!!

Jenny said...

Hooray for blog candy! I just love all you paper works gals! Congrats on your 1 year anniversary :)