The Stamps I Use

Monday, August 31, 2009

happy happy happy

Hi folks,

I have to say it - Peggy is NOT kidding when she says that you can make at least 10 cards with the PaperCard kits that she puts together over at PaperWorksCo.

This is my NINTH card!



I am DETERMINED to use the entire kit just so you can see the assortment of cards you can get from these kits. I *THINK* I have enough of a variety of summery/beachy images to go with the papers I have left. I actually have some Miss Anya and Mermaid Anya images partially coloured as I did their flesh when I did my Surfer Ian a while back. I just need to finish them up and assemble the cards. So those will take care of two more cards....and I am sure that there will still be paper left to use!

For this card I had to play around until I found just the right black ink for this image. The sheer amount of black on the penguin chick required an ink that would give really good, solid coverage. After a few misfires (either the colour wasn't quite right or the coverage wasn't solid), I settled on Black ColorBox Pigment Ink - which meant I had to WAIT for the ink to dry. I actually wound up stamping this image one day and finishing the card the next.

So, how many black ink pads do YOU have? Off the top of my head, I know I have CTMH Black, Stazon Black, Colorbox Black Pigment, Memories Licorice Pigment, Memento Tuxedo Black and a *few" little cubes of black ink -- AND THEY ALL LOOK DIFFERENT!


Oh oh...and did you notice? I am so proud of myself - I actually used the UMBRELLA side of the Umbrellas paper (not the "other" side - sand).


Oh oh...(I feel like Arnold Horshack from Welcome Back, Kotter...did that age me?) and did you notice the picture itself? Yup, I made myself an infinity board! Well, two actually, one white and one black. I like the fact that I don't have a line behind my cards now. This means we are finally going to get around to photographing all the old hand tools that dearly beloved acquired when his Dad shut down the shop.


Card Details:
Finished Size: 4.25 x 4.25 inches
Papers and Embellishments: PaperWorksCo August PaperCard Kit (Orange Bazzill Washboard Cardstock, Red and White Bazzill Smoothies, Cosmo Cricket Snorkel "Umbrellas", Red Rick Rack Ribbon)
Stamps: Imaginisce Penguin Chick, DoodleBug Designs Inc Birthday
Ink: ColorBox Pigment Ink: Black, Memento Tuxedo Black
PrismaColor Pencils: 918, 928
Tools: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Nestabilities Small and Large Circles
Dimensional Foam Tape to pop up the image panel

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Very cute card and congrats on making the infinity board!! I use my photo box all the time and it makes the cards photograph so nicely!!