The Stamps I Use

Monday, August 3, 2009

TGF Edward

Introducing .... Edward.


I made this card for my niece as I FINALLY tracked down a Twilight T-Shirt for her (Chapters at Pinecrest if anyone is looking). I just have to get it in the mail for her.

For this card I used the Sketch for Challenge 43 over at The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge.

Edward (yes THAT Edward) is from The Greeting Farm's Wild Sprouts Collection. Now, I must confess, I have NOT read the Twilight Books and I have NOT seen the movie. I HAVE got three of the books, borrowed from the tween-age daughters of my dear friend, Dorothy. I'll start them as soon as I finish Brisingr. But I digress....

sooo...I have no real reference point for colouring Edward. I just pulled out some Prismacolors and went to work -- kinda from the photo on the shirt.

I also finally cracked open my Core'dinations Hocus Pocus Black Magic Paper I got at Heather's Stamping Haven some time ago (yes, I horde my paper). I used my new Spellbinder's Borderabilities "In Spades" to create a nice (I think) effect by cutting and embossing a strip and then lightly sanding it to reveal the red core. I then took the cut-outs and re-inserted them with the red side facing out -- the card just needed a little -- more. Well, that and I didn't like the way the background papers were peeking through the cut-outs.

So...how did I do with Edward? Does he pass muster with the Twilight fans out there?

Rest of the card details:

finished size: 5x5 inches

Paper:
Coredinations Black Magic Hocus Pocus (1.75 x 6 inch strip, 3 x 4 inch for oval)
Blingy Striped -- I forget the manufacturer (3.5 x 4.5 inch)
Black with metallic dots -- from my stash - from Costco I think ( 4.75 inch square)

Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black
ColorBox Silver
PrismaColor Pencils: 938, 1068, 1069, 1083, 935, 997, 945, 1082, 1023, 1025

Tools:
Cuttlebug
Spellbinders Nestabilities Small and Large Ovals
Spellbinders Borderabilities In Spades

8 comments:

Danielle said...

This is an awesome card Sheena - he's just super cool! Love the papers and your embossing and sanding! Your niece is sure to love it!
Hugs, Danielle

chrissywitch said...

Very nice, Sheena. I'll have to borrow that stamp; I know a few Edward fans. I just finished all the books, so you're welcome to borrow whichever ones you need.

Jane Carroll said...

fabulous

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

TannyP said...

Very cute! I'd say you did Edward proud =)
Great card!

Donna said...

Fantastic card Sheena such a brill image, love the papers and colours too! So pleased you could join us at SCSC this week :) Donna x

Jill said...

gorgeous card Sheena, I love the embossing so detailed, thanks so much for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card and lovely image.
Thank you for taking part in this week's SCSC.
Cathy xx

Jenn said...

looks awesome!!! The black and red heart border takes the cake - as a die hard Twi-fan, Edward looks great!!