The Stamps I Use

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Boom-Di-Ada card set - Card 1

Two of my friends celebrate their birthdays in September so I have decided to make them each a set of cards. Now, I am not sure how many cards will fit in the cute boxes I just got from Taylored Expressions (thanks Jenn for splitting an order with me!) so either both of these cards will go to one person or they will get one each in their box of cards.



See that pretty edge? Yes, I also just got my September CTMH order (thanks AGAIN for delivering it Jenn) and in it was the Everyday Celebrations card kit. Now, I did not cut into the papers yet as I wanted to use the Boom-Di-Ada papers for this set of cards. But I did like the die cut cards that came in the kit so....I took one and used it as the template to draw this decorative edge on these cards. Yes...that is tedious. It took me some time to draw the template on EIGHTEEN cards and then to CUT THEM OUT! So, if anyone out there wants a template...I have eighteen of the edges that are just perfect little templates.


Below are individual photos of each card. The inner strip is slightly different on each due to the pattern on the paper.


And I thought the dew drops made a perfect little accent. I'll be including an extra one already on a glue dot with each card so the person who gets the set can select the occasion on the front of the card.



Card Details:

finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, side fold
Card sketch and template: CTMH Everyday Celebrations
Stamps: CTMH Everyday Celebrations
Ink: CTMH Olive, Barn Red
Papers: CTMH Boom-Di-Ada, CTMH Cardstock (Colonial White, Barn Red), Card Base from Staples 110 lb Ivory Card Stock
Embellishments: Ribbon, dew drops
Tools: 1 inch Marvy Uchida Circle Punch
Extras: foam tape, glue dots

1 comment:

Tanya Rudd said...

How pretty, I see you did the inside too.