The Stamps I Use

Friday, September 18, 2009

My take on PWCO Sunday Sketch #01

Hi again! So I HAD to take the time tonight to finally put into a card the idea that has been bouncing around in my head ever since I first saw Peggy's Sketch for her new Sunday Sketch Challenge over at PaperWorksCo.


Here is Peggy's Sketch:


And here is my take on it:



Yes, I did rotate it 90 degrees but otherwise I was true to her concept. Can you guess my bouncy idea?....Yup -- candy corn! Yes, I confess to having a sweet tooth.....so candy corn, candy canes, neopolitan striped taffy, neopolitan ice-cream...they all went through my head.

Since Hallowe'en is coming soon, I figured I should go with a Hallowe'en theme. One of our nieces or nephews will probably get this card.

I think I'll be keeping this sketch printout close at hand on my desk though -- I think my candy cane idea would be nice for some quick make Christmas cards! Or a few more Hallowe'en cards!

Card Details:
finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 side fold
papers: Recollections Hallowe'en Mat Stack, white and black cardstock
stamps: Imaginisce Snag 'Ems Hallowhimsy Skull, CTMH October Word Puzzle
ink: CTMH Black, Autumn Terracotta
embellishments: dew drops, brad
tools: Martha Stewart "Goo" edge punch

2 comments:

Sparkle said...

Great job on the sketch! I love candy corn!

Tanya Rudd said...

I love it! Especially the blood drip frame and the orange Baubles. Well done, again! :)