The Stamps I Use

Monday, September 7, 2009

The Safari Friends Speak!

Shhhhh...if you listen carefully you can hear the animals ....



Yay! Not only did the Safari Friends find Zoie, they found their voices! PaperWorksCo has released coordinating sentiments for their stamp collections.

For the launch of the sentiments for the Safari friends, I decided to create a little set of cards with a matching box to showcase 5 of the new sentiments - trust me, though, there are more than that in the set!

This is the little box I made. I followed the 3x3 note card box tutorial on SplitcoastStampers to make this - I just adjusted it to fit slightly larger cards (mine were 4.25 x 4.25).


And these are the cards (yes there will be envelopes included in the box).


On the Lucas card, I used a Scor-Pal to create lines on the Core'dinations card stock to match up with the DP strip. I lightly sanded the score lines so the Pistachio green would show through. I do love the Core'dinations paper, must stop hoarding it.



And little Gordie. Awww....notice that all the Safari friends have their heads popped up? Love that dimensional foam tape!




For the Harriet card, I thought it would be appropriate to emboss the Core'dinations paper with my Birds and Swirls folder - ummm, yeah. Good idea. Then I was a bit of a dolt and covered the birds with the other panels. Oh well.



And then sweet, new Zoie. Zebra - stripes. Striped paper. Sentiment. Ummm...I know, too obvious. But I think still cute.

Details:

finished card size: 4.25 x 4.25 inches
finished box size: 4.5 x 4.5 inches
Stamps: PaperWorksCo Safari Friends and Coordinating Sentiments
Papers: Basic Grey Offbeat (Radical, EasyGoing), Core'dinations Chocolate Box (Pistachio Nut), White Cardstock, Bazzill Basics (Safari)
Embellishments: Ribbon, Brads
Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa and Tuxedo Black
PrismaColor Pencils:
  • Harriet: 916, 917, 1051, 1054, 930
  • Lucas: 917, 1034
  • Gordie: 940, 945
  • Zoie: 928, 1051, 1050, 1052
Tools: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One, Scor-Pal

4 comments:

Tanya Rudd said...

This is awesome, I will have to attempt this soon! Love the color palette you used!

Stephanie said...

I love this set Sheena! And even WITH the birds covered up, the Harriet card looks super cute!

TannyP said...

What an adorable idea!! Love this, Sheena =)

Anne said...

A fab gift idea! Your safari cards looks all beautiful! Greate layouts and colours. The box was beautiful too!