The Stamps I Use

Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Zoie baby set

Good Morning once again!

As promised {threatened}, I am back with another post with more of my projects from the September Launch for PaperWorksCo . Warning - this is a long post!

It started out that I was going to do just a onesie featuring the new Safari friend, Zoie the Zebra. But, well, things got out of hand and I wound up making this:



The onesie is the reason I was testing out inks for their durability on fabric. Ultimately I preferred the ink that explicity stated it wasn't to be used on fabric! Black Stazon! I just found that the lines stayed finer. And since I was tracing over them with black fabric marker anyway - I stuck with the Stazon. I used Marvy Uchida Fashion Fabric Markers in Black, Grey, Strawberry, Magenta, Apple Green and Green to colour Zoie. I have to get my hands on a few more (checked out my closest M's yesterday and they did NOT have the others for which I was looking) to do the rest of the Safari friends. Well, I can do Harriet with the colours I already have - but not Gordie and Lucas or the Jungle Jesters.

So you can't make a onesie without a card to go with it. So, I came up with a cute {I think} card to go with. Honestly, I think the card was my favourite thing that I created for the launch. Yes, that's me expressing a preference.


I don't know why - it just is. I think it might be the Harmony alphabet font I used for the sentiment. It just feels so graceful.


I don't use my Cuttlebug alphabets nearly enough, which is a shame really. That little strip along the bottom? That is actually one of the stickers from the paper pack I used on all of my projects - Basic Grey Offbeat. I added a few brads to it for a little something extra.

Anyways, details for the card:
finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, tent-fold
Zoie is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with PrismaColor Pencils (928, 1051, 1050 and 1052)
Paper: brown cardstock, white cardstock, Basic Grey Offbeat Collection (Nonchalant)
Embellishments: Basic Grey Offbeat Element Stickers, ribbon, brads
Sentiment cut using Cuttlebug Harmony Alphabet attached using Xyron Sticker Maker
Image Panels cut using Spellbinders Nestabilities Large Circles, Small Scalloped Circles
Image Panels popped up on foam tape.


So, I could not leave well enough alone. I had WANTED to make a little photo mat/frame using Zoie, but my mojo was saying "You need ALL of the Safari friends". Mojo was right and this was the end product.



So for anyone who is interested and a goober like me - Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eight is GREAT for 4x6 photo sized apertures. The goober part comes in how I achieved the aperture on an 8x10 (and 7x9) piece of paper. Instead of pulling out my Cricut and Design Studio software and using my cartridge that has a similar cut on it (can't remember the name right now), I got inventive and used a rolling pin. Not just any rolling pin, mind you, my MARBLE rolling pin. Works pretty well. My sandwich? From the bottom up:
  • self-healing mat
  • paper
  • labels eight die taped to the paper so it doesn't slide
Then roll over it with as much force as possible with the rolling pin. A few times. Now, admittedly, I had to use a craft knife to cut in a few spots where my pressure was uneven and I didn't get all the way through the paper. But, overall, I was happy with the outcome.

Details for the frame:
finished size 8x10

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Prismacolor pencils: Harriet (916, 917, 1051, 1054, 930), Lucas (917, 1034), Gordie (940, 945), Zoie (928, 1051, 1050, 1052)

paper: brown cardstock, Basic Grey Offbeat Nonchalant
embellishments: Basic Grey Offbeat Element Stickers
sentiment: Cuttlebug Harmony Alphabet attached using Xyron Sticker Maker

Photo Aperture cut using Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eight.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You really did a great job with Zoie!! For the record, it's the Storybook cartridge that has that shape. I love how you used your rolling pin & Nesties, though - I don't know about you, but I could never get my Cricut to cooperate enough to make something as cute as your frame!