The Stamps I Use

Sunday, October 25, 2009

A boo-tiful weekend

Hi folks! Hope you are all winding up a weekend where you had plenty of opportunity to spend time with your loved ones - whether that be your dearly beloved, your children, your pets or your beloved crafting supplies.

I can honestly say that I did a little bit of everything this weekend (including the household chores of laundry and groceries)!

Yesterday, I worked on my brother's quilt. I am happy to report that the borders (except for the four corners) are now finished. All that remains is to do the corners and the binding....and trim ALL the little bits of thread. Barring another coffee incident - I should be ready to take it with me to Newfoundland in November. Then I made the filling for peanut butter cups.

Today, the peanut butter cups were completed. 72 to be exact. They will be traveling to Cape Breton on Tuesday for the Mom of a coworker of mine. She's a fan of my peanut butter cups.


Then, well.....I started playing catch up on the sketches over at PaperWorksCo . This card uses PWCOSS#5 .




I took a little liberty with the sketch by curving my bat ribbon - and using a slightly larger oval for the totally wicked Witchy Girl digital stamp from Whimsie Doodles .

I didn't use the sentiments that come with her (even though they are great) only because this card is going to my 15 year old niece. The image was perfect for her hallowe'en card as she also wears glasses! (It is SO hard to find images with glasses). I'm thinking of colouring her again for a card for a romantic/naughty hallowe'en card for my dearly beloved. I can't decide on the "Bewitched by you" or "Just a little wicked" sentiment....but I think it will be the bewitched sentiment.

WhimsieDoodles has some very cute digital freebies for download if you are interested in trying out digital stamps.

They really are quite easy to use. I typically insert a bunch of copies of the image in the size I want into a Word document so I can print as many as can fit on a single sheet. Then, I print my digital images using my Konica Minolta laser printer - directly onto Staples 110lb white card stock. VERY important to specify that it is CARDSTOCK to which you are printing otherwise, if your printer is like mine, it won't fuse the image to the paper properly and you ruin your first page (you can guess how I know - I do it every time!)

Since my colouring medium of choice is PrismaColor pencils, my images get blended with Odorless Mineral Spirits (aka Taltine, Gamsol). I have no problems with the computer printed image smudging. It remains crisp and clear.

Anyways, that's it for this evening. I'll be posting my other three cards that I made today throughout the week - two more hallowe'en and a birthday card for my niece. Thanks for stopping in today and I hope you find the time to visit again this week!

Card Details:
Finished Size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, side fold
Sketch: PWCOSS#5 from PaperWorksCo
Stamps: Whimsie Doodles Witchy Girl Digi, Studio G sentiment
Papers: Recollections
Embellishments: Bat Ribbon (Michael's - last year's hallowe'en stash)
PrismaColor Pencils: 931, 927, 989, 942, 941, 946)
Tools: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Nestabilities Small and Large Petite Ovals, Scorpal

2 comments:

KindredEsprit said...

Great take on the sketch, Sheena! Oh, and I do think your photo from yesterday looked improved with your new camera. How exciting! Hope you get to take some Autumn pics, too! Oh, and did you take a pic of your peanut butter cups? They sound to die for!

avonlea

Tanya Rudd said...

Now this is amazing. The punches are amazing, so it the colouring. A new favorite for sure.

Hugs,
Tanya