The Stamps I Use

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Can't wait to meet you

Hi folks!

So tonight I finally got around to giving the little something we had picked up for our recently announced, soon to be arriving niece. This is the card I made to let the little one know that we are looking forward to meeting her - AND to being bad influences.




I used Sketch 25 from the Whimsy Stamps Challenges blog for the layout for this easel card. YES, I have a new favourite card style. They look pretty elaborate but trust me - so EASY PEASY to make! I think there is a tutorial over at SCS.

The stamped image and sentiment are from Verve - I love the sentiment. Thought it was perfect for an early baby card.

I love the Basic Grey Bittersweet papers I used on this card. Pink and brown - a favourite combination. Must check to see if Peggy still has these in stock at PaperWorksCo.


Card Details:
finished size 6x6 inches
papers: CTMH chocolate card stock, Basic Grey Bittersweet, Prism Prismatics Card Stock, Staples White 110lb card stock
stamps: Verve
ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Prismacolor pencils (I'll have to update this later, I've misplaced my card notes but I think I know where they are hiding - Edited to add: 928, 1084, 1082)
embellishments: ribbon from my stash, Dark Vanilla Dew Drops
tools: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Nestabilities Small and Large Circles and Scalloped Circles.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Adorable!! I love it and congrats on being an Aunty :)

Tanya Rudd said...

OMG This is just amazing Sheena! Everything about it is beautiful. WOW!
Hugs,
Tanya

Danielle said...

How gorgeous is this card Sheena! Fab job on the easel fold and I just love those BG papers! Cutest image too!
Hugs, Danielle

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Wow, what a darling card! Love the unique fold style and the great use of our sketch! Super cute image too. Thanks for joining us at Whimsy! :)