The Stamps I Use

Friday, October 30, 2009

Deck the halls - and your favourite book

So, are you keeping up? Only one more Christmas card to go for today featuring the October PaperCard Kit from PaperWorksCo.



Yummy - Core'Dinations chocolate box! How can you resist the urge to emboss this paper? You can't so pull out your favourite embossing folders and crank those handles!

For this card, I used my Cuttlebug Ornaments Embossing Folder to create the detailed background for the front of this card - gave it a light sanding with an emery board to let the pretty colour peek through.

Did you notice that tab (yes, I have a new toy) on the fold-over on the right inside of the card? A detachable bookmark that proves you don't need another expensive tool in your craft room - a simple tracing wheel works wonders (especially when used on your scor-pal instead of a bone folder).

I'm sure I'll be giving this card to someone to whom I gift a book at Christmas this year.

I should mention that the stamped Christmas ornaments on the front of the card use the second generation stamping technique - the stamp is inked up, stamped off onto scrap paper and the residual ink is used to stamp the image you actually want to use.

Well, that is it for the details on the Christmas cards from today's post at PaperWorksCo. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a pleasant weekend!

Card Details:
finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, with a detachable 2.5 x 5.5 inch bookmark
papers and embellishments: October PaperCard Kit from PaperWorksCo.
stamps: CTMH Holiday Trinkets
ink: CTMH Tulip, Memento Rich Cocoa
Tools: Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Ornaments Folder, Scorpal, tracing wheel, Stampin Up Tab punch

No comments: