The Stamps I Use

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Dreaming of a white christmas

Well, not really. I HATE winter...with capital letters. Everyone always says to me "but you grew up in Newfoundland - isn't it colder there?"

NO! It is NOT! Until I moved to Ottawa in FEBRUARY (what was I thinking) of 1992, I had never experienced -40 Celsius WITHOUT windchill weather. BRRRRRR.

And, truthfully, we DID dream of having a white christmas - because ours were usually GREEN! How the heck was Santa going to deliver presents in his sleigh without snow?


Anyways, here is my card for this week's UCC6 challenge over at PaperWorksCo .



The challenge this week was to create your own background - without using the cuttlebug or nesties. I stamped my background snowflakes using Versmark and then heat embossed a sparkly white embossing powder.

If you are interested in the rest of the details and seeing what everyone else came up with this week, just check out this post at PaperWorksCo.

Weren't the other creations gorgeous? Thanks for stopping in today! Be sure to pop back later to see what I have up my sleeves for UCC7!

No comments: