The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

For my sister

Today, October 7th , is my sister's birthday - she is the younger one.

This is the card she received today (CanadaPost surprised me by getting it there in time!).




I bought the stamp months ago at Heather's Stamping Haven - it is an image from The Stamp Barn. I knew when I got it that it would wind up on a card for my sister and probably on some friendship cards. This is the first time it has actually seen ink.

I coloured the image with my Prismacolors and used this week's sketch from Friday Sketchers .

Don't you just love the papers? They are from a 6x6 Basic Grey BitterSweet pack that I ordered from PaperWorksCo .

Card Details:

finished size: 5.25 x 5.25 inches
Stamps: the Stamp Barn, Doodlebug Designs Inc
ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa
papers: patterned paper:Basic Grey BitterSweet, cardstock: CTMH and Staples
prismacolor pencils: 1084, 929, 994, 1005, 946, 941, 1018
tools: compass (for the circle)
embellishments: brads, flowers (CTMH)

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Love this card Sheena - it's such a sweet image and you've coloured it beautifully! Loving the papers!
hugs, Danielle

Tanya Rudd said...

I really like this one Sheena, there is something about the colours you chose and the way you can not see there faces that adds to the "feel" of the card. It actually reminds me of my Mother and her sister. Nicely done, as usual. :)