The Stamps I Use

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Gears of War

I know.....I know......Right now you are saying "What in the world kind of title is THAT for a post on a CARDMAKING blog?". Before you navigate away, let me explain. It is the name of the FONT that I used on this card.


You see, it is for the fifteen year old son of one of my dearly beloved's long-time buddies. They went to college together and STILL play D&D regularly (Dungeons and Dragons for those not in the know). Well, nerd generation 2.0 actually plays with them as well and had his fifteenth birthday a couple of weeks ago. Friday night was the first time they had gotten together for a D&D night in a while (due to theatre commitments on the part of my dearly beloved and the DM (dungeon master) who have been friends since GRADE school) so I finally sat down to make the birthday card. Nerd generation 1.0 AND 2.0 actually play video games together as well - one of them being Gears of War.

So, when dearly beloved saw the Gears of War font on fontsy.com a while back, he suggested I use it on the nerd generation 2.0 birthday card -- with some camo and metal.

So this is what I came up with. Now, forgive my feeble attempt at creating a "gear" - I had a "senior" moment and spent over an hour looking for my cuttlebug C plate, tearing apart my craft room in the process. I apparently dropped it AFTER I cut out the copper gear and BEFORE I cut out the dark green gear (which I did by hand using a hole punch since I couldn't find the plate!!!). I did eventually find it...But I am going to go buy a second C plate just in case I do that again.

I didn't photograph the inside of the card but it says "Hope it is a blast" with the GOW skull in one of the logo gears in dripping red. I'm hoping nerd 2.0 likes it and "gets" it without too much explanation.

card details:

finished size: 5 x 6.5 tent fold
papers: cardstock (staples white, bazzill basics capers)
patterned paper: from my stash (I think K&Co)
tools: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities circle and inverted scalloped circle, hole punch (grrrr)
embellishments: copper sheeting

1 comment:

Tanya Rudd said...

Awesome Sheena! I love it, gear, font and all!