The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Happy Birthday - SSS27

Happy Birthday Alisha!

My niece, Alisha, is FIFTEEN today. To say that time flies is an understatement.

I thought that this funky Mismatch Ketto from Stamping Bella would be a good image for a birthday card for a teenage girl. Especially when combined with this funky paper from the Basic Grey Cupcake 6x6 stack. I love this stack - a great combination of papers that work for masculine or feminine cards. In case you are wondering, I got mine at PaperWorksCo .



I used the SSS27 Sketch from the Sweet Stop for the card layout.

Mismatch Ketto was stamped on Staples 110lb card stock and coloured with PrismaColor Pencils - notice her hair? I had to give her some fun hot pink highlights! And of course she has some sparkly gems on her crown. By the way, I have the coolest tool called a Grab-It that I got from Heather's Stamping Haven that is PERFECT for picking up itty-bitty gems and placing them on your cards. You would not believe how simple a tool it is -- a beeswax coated super long q-tip effectively. Works like a charm!

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope your week is going fabulously!

Card Details:
finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, tent fold
sketch: The Sweet Stop SSS27
stamps: Stamping Bella Mismatch Ketto, Verve Birthday Surprise
papers: Basic Grey Cupcake, CTMH card stock (I think it is Indian Corn Blue but I will have to check), Staples 110lb white cardstock
ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, CTMH Holiday Red
Prismacolor Pencils: 927, 1026, 925, 916, 950, 940, 994
embellishments: Button and RickRack Ribbon from July PaperCard Kit from PaperWorksCo, gems and sparkly red ribbon from my stash.


Oh, and just in case you are wondering - this is a scheduled post - I am up....just getting ready for work.

1 comment:

Tanya Rudd said...

I love this card Sheena, Wonderful.
Hugs,
Tanya