The Stamps I Use

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Happy Birthday to my nephew

My sister's son has a birthday on October 18th, he will be nine years old. This is the card I made for him using one of the "My Guy Ian" stamps from The Greeting Farm .



This was my first time colouring up one of these cuties and I am quite pleased with how it came out. My nephew is a blond so you will notice that I tend to colour my Ian stamps as blonds. I only wish that TGF would put out an Ian with glasses as my nephew, like me, is optically challenged.

I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch 107 for the layout and my new Basic Grey Cupcake papers. I think they worked well for a boy card.

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget that Friday is another big PaperWorksCo day. My most recent October PaperCard Kit post will be up at 11am eastern on the PaperWorksCo blog and at 8pm eastern, the launch party for the newest stamp collection will commence. Did you RSVP? Hope to see you there!


Card Details:
finished size: 6x6 inches
stamps: My Guy Ian from The Greeting Farm, sentiment from Doodlebug Designs Inc
papers: Basic Grey Cupcake (patterned papers), Bazzill Basics Navel and Witch Hazel (card stock)
ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
PrismaColor Pencils: 1012, 942, 914, 1005, 988, 935
embellishments: brads
tools: cuttlebug, nestabilities petite ovals small and large

2 comments:

Tanya Rudd said...

Yeah Sheena, I love how you used oranges, greens and yellows for boy colours. I am so used to sticking with blue, that this is just so refreshing. How wonderful! Love it.

Danielle said...

LOVE this Sheena (I just ordered these gorgeous pieces of rubbah)!! The paper is brilliant and perfect for this card! The MM sketch fits this image wonderfully!
Hugs, Danielle