The Stamps I Use

Friday, October 2, 2009

I'm feeling Jolly - By Golly!

Hi folks, it's a new month and you know what that means! Time for a new PaperCard Kit from PaperworksCo.



This month, the kit includes patterned papers from the Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly collection - as well as Prism, Core'Dinations and Bazzill card stock. And BLING!!!! Yippers....rhinestones from Basic Grey. And guess what - I used ALL of those on this card!



Of course, I DIDN'T go overboard and add any of the brads, rick rack or tulle that were included. I showed SOME restraint!

So, yes, I am patting myself on the back with this card. I LOVE monochromatic cards and how everything just looks so right when the card is finished. Cohesive, you know? That is why this challenge over at Our Creative Corner was perfect for me. I think Christmas cards lend themselves so well to monochromatic themes. I think I will be doing more of this type. I find it speeds up the card-making process.

And what about the sketch? You likey? It is from this week's sketch challenge over at the Sweet Stop. There is still time to play along (I think). I really like this layout and I will be keeping it handy to use again for a few more Christmas cards. A quick and easy make - especially since I have my paper measurements all written down so nicely on my sketch pad.


Be sure to check back tomorrow for my post for World Card Making Day. It will be a scheduled post as I will be busy tomorrow - a bunch of us are getting together to make Christmas Cards at my house at a workshop conducted by our very own amazingly talented Jenn !!! Not sure if the girls will let me photograph the fun and antics but we shall see.

Card Details:
finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, tent fold
papers and embellishments: from the PaperWorksCo October PaperCard Kit featuring Cosmo Cricket's Jolly By Golly Collection, Core'Dinations, Prism and Bazzill card stock, Basic Grey rhinestones
ink: CTMH Juniper
stamp: CTMH Jingle Borders

3 comments:

Tanya Rudd said...

Festive and beautiful. I love the embossed paper and the monochromatic color scheme. Have a wonderful time tomorrow, I will think about how much fun you are having as I sit outside the dance studio waiting for my DD to finish tap class.

chrissywitch said...

I love the kit! I just may have to get it. :-)

Dana Grothaus said...

Excellent job on the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Our Creative Corner.