The Stamps I Use

Friday, October 30, 2009

A Joyful Tree

Hi there, back again! As it turns out - my dear friend Jackie and I did not paper-craft tonight. We ate dinner, had some wine and caught up on our respective woes. Just as therapeutic as paper-crafting. So, it turns out that I do have some time now to write a little blurb or two about one of my cards for today's post at PaperWorksCo featuring the October PaperCard Kit.



This one is my take on Clean and Simple. I embossed the pale creamy Prism Cardstock with the Cuttlebug Snowflakes folder. The christmas tree was stamped directly onto one of the patterned papers in the kit - the green side of the "Play Day" paper from Cosmo Cricket's Jolly by Golly Collection. The trunk onto Core'Dinations paper.

And then I let my tree decorating proclivities get the better of me -- no sparkly gemstone was safe! My own Christmas tree, artificial for reasons that will soon be obvious, runs somewhere between 2500 and 3000 white lights. Seriously. You need sunglasses to actually look directly at the tree! So....I dipped pretty heavily into the gemstones from the kit to embellish my paper tree to give it the same sparkle as my own tree!

Thanks for stopping by today! I'll be posting the details for the rest of the cards over the next few days, as well as a birthday card for another of my dearly beloved's college pals (they are D&Ding tonight so he gets his card tonight).


Card Details:
finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
papers and embellishments: from the October PaperCard Kit from PaperWorksCo
stamps: CTMH Annotations, Solos "J", Holiday Warmth
ink: CTMH Topiary, HollyHock
tools: Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Snowflakes Embossing Folder, Xyron Create-a-Sticker 150
extras: foam squares

No comments: