The Stamps I Use

Saturday, October 10, 2009

PaperWorksCo UCC5

Hi again!

Have you seen my UCC5 challenge over at PaperWorksCo yet? Well, my challenge to Peggy (and anyone else who would like to play) this week is to make a card using:
  • button(s): one or more and
  • a decorative border. You can create a pretty edge using decorative craft scissors, distressing, your spellbinders borderabilities, corner rounders (for scallops), your favourite template, cuttlebug embossing borders, ribbons, punches - whatever your creative mind decides upon!


I actually made two cards - same layout, same sentiment, but different images and papers.

This first one is featured over at the PaperWorksCo blog in the challenge post. You can find all the details over there.

The second one uses one of my left-over fairy images from a couple of cards I made earlier this summer. I thought the colours on this image would work quite nicely with the Bella papers from CTMH.




As you can see, both cards use buttons and both have a scalloped edge on the bottom patterned paper.

The sketch I used is this week's sketch from 2 Sketches For You .

4 comments:

Cheryl Nelson said...

beautiful cards!

Tanya Rudd said...

Great cards Sheena, I just posted the one I made with Laura's sketch. But have to admit, you ROCKED this one. I love both of them. The pattern on the purple DP makes it look like it is ruffled. Awesome job!

Danielle said...

Gorgeous work Sheena! It's a great challenge and you've done a fabulous job with both cards! Loving that butterfly and adore the sentiment!
Hugs, Danielle

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful work! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura