The Stamps I Use

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Wedding Wishes

Well it looks like I made it back tonight after all. I thought I was going to be busy making a get well card for Steph. She's the "other half" of one of my co-workers and a fellow paper-crafter. I WAS going to use my extra Tilda with Lilacs image I had coloured to make a card but as it happens, I had not yet given away the original card! YAY! I have a stash! So, all I had to do was stamp a get well message on the inside and Voila! I had time to sit down to write this post.



I don't very often get to make wedding cards. Most of my cousins are older than me and already hitched - but I do have a scattered one or two who are younger and believe in the institution of matrimony. One of my younger cousins got married this past weekend and I totally messed up on the date! I thought it was the 24th of October, not the 10th. So, this card will be arriving late to him and his new bride. But it still carries with it my heartfelt wishes to them for a long marriage filled with love and happiness.

Since this is a wedding card, I thought it only appropriate that I use the "Amore" paper from CTMH - accented with blush and chocolate cardstock. Notice, that I also FINALLY got around to using the Sunday sketch #4 from PaperWorksCo . I have to say - that free-hand "wave" is a B*TCH to draw by hand. In retrospect I should have used a flexible piece of acetate - or I bet I have a fiskars template hiding somewhere in my craft room! In fact, I KNOW I have one....

The sentiment is from Verve, the flowers are from my stash (got them at Zellers - four for a $1) and that's it for tonight!

4 comments:

Peggy said...

was the wave really that hard?!?

i swear it wasnt that bad! lol.. either way, you did a wonderful job (as always) lol

Tanya Rudd said...

Love the wave, excellent freehand! That is my fave CTMH paper, I still have not had the guts to open mine and use it. Sigh, it sits looking pretty. Great job! Can't wait to see more.

Jessica G. said...

Very elegant -- the dark DP really pops against the lighter background panel!

Jenny said...

Very pretty!!