The Stamps I Use

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Another challenged mojo card

Hi folks! Hope you are having a good week so far.

I thought I would share another of my "birthday mojo" challenged cards.



I made this the same night I did the masculine card posted yesterday. Again with the "Meh!" for this one. I think the Meh! comes from the fact that this card is for one of my Aunts and it just does not feel girlie enough to me. Now, there IS sparkly ribbon. There is a lovely brocade blue paper. But...I dunno. Adding the button helped me like it a bit more. Sad thing is, I made three of these with a different combo of papers and ribbon. I think I like those less even....I think the problem is with the ribbon on the other two cards. IF...I say IF I resolve my ribbon issue on the other two, I'll post them but....we shall see.

I WAS inspired by a card I saw in blog land but ... I don't think I did a very good interpretation. If I can find the inspiration, I'll update the post. But...I have over 1000 unread posts and tracking down the one that was the inspiration...that could be a problem.

ETA - found it here ! see....my interpretation...nothing like the original.


card details:
finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
papers: Basic Grey Cupcake
Ink: CTMH Indian Corn Blue, Cranberry
stamps: CTMH Celebrate the Everyday
tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Four
embellishments: Ribbon, Button

note: this is a scheduled post. Let's hope blogger cooperates and posts it as planned!

ETA - as Tanya points out in her comment - wow....this does look an awful lot like PWCO SS#9...but I don't think that was my inspiration....



But gosh darn it.... holy moly it does look like it!

1 comment:

Tanya Rudd said...

Love your interpretation of the PWCO#9 sketch. Love the red and blue.
Hugs
Tanya