The Stamps I Use

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Quiltzilla

So, just a quick little break from the card posts to report that YES I did deliver "Quilt-Zilla" to my brother and his girlfriend during my visit to Newfoundland.

Here's the proof -- goober me sitting on the quilt in my Mom's living room.



Quilt-Zilla in all it's gargantuan glory. I think it finally measured 108 inches square. I think. I'd have to check to be sure. It might be more.




A close up detail of one of the 36 blocks that formed the centre of the quilt front.




My signature on the back of the quilt. I only put the year of completion in my sig and did not include the year I started (2007). Yes it took me 27 months from the time I purchased the fabric to the time I handed it over.



During that time, my brother and his family moved back to Newfoundland from Alberta. But, I'm picky about when I can work on a quilt and encountered a few setbacks while making it. Learned that I could not be trusted with coffee in the craft room. I can honestly say that blood, sweat, tears and COFFEE went into the making of this quilt.

But, it is finally finished. Now I have to make the matching pillow shams. Hopefully that won't take me two years.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

WOW! What a quilt Sheena - and what a spectacular job you did! You should be very proud of your finished work!
Hugs, Danielle

Tanya Rudd said...

I love this quilt Sheena,you can tell you put so much effort into it. I can not imagine how much TLC went into this. I am sure your brother loved it.

Hugs,
Tanya