The Stamps I Use

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Crunch begins...

And the Christmas card making continues....this time it was the Mojo Monday Sketch 118 to the rescue...
I made TWO cards (on Monday night no less) using this sketch for two of my co-workers - the guys with whom I actually share DBA responsibilities...







I used the same papers (CTMH Jingle) but switched up the images (from Pink Cat Studio)



Do you recognize Santa's Hat?  Harriet was wearing it earlier today! I also played around with the embellishments. As you can see on the penguin card, I used my Spellbinders Create A Flake 1 to make a snowflake to which I attached a sentiment from Cornish Heritage Farms that  I cut using one of the smaller of the Nestabilities Labels Four dies (same set I used for the image panels). On Santa, because he already has a sentiment, I added some white dew drops for interest and shifted the image panel.

I did take some liberties with the sketch but I think it works.

I'm taking Wednesday off from work -- to hopefully finish up the last of my Christmas prep and to deliver some Christmas goodies. Then back to work on Thursday for a partial day and MAYBE off to see Avatar in 3-D mid-afternoon, depending on how the Wednesday tasks go. Thanks for stopping by! And if we don't see each other in blog land until after the big day -- Have a VERY MERRY Christmas!


card details:

finished size: 6x6 inches
papers: CTMH Jingle
Stamps: Pink Cat Studio, Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Memento Tuxedo black
colouring medium: PrismaColor Pencils.
embellishments: dew drops, stickles, fun flock
tools: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Four and Create A Flake 1, EK Success Diamond Scallop border punch

4 comments:

debhorst said...

what fun cards--great job on the Mojo Monday sketch

Julia Aston said...

what festive holiday cards! love both images you framed on them!

Tanya Rudd said...

So vibrant! Love the images too.
Hugs
Tanya

Melissa said...

Your cards are so cute and fun!! Great job!
Merry Christmas!
Melissa