The Stamps I Use

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas

Yes, I am back with a second post for today. If you missed the first, feel free to scroll down to have a peeky.

Not only is this my second post for today, it is my second easel card for the Create4fun Challenge this week featuring an image from Pink Cat Studio AND papers from the November PaperCard Kit from PaperWorksCo.





I was also inspired by Sparkle's 2010 Christmas Card Challenge #1 to use a Santa image but I know this will wind up being used for this year's cards so I will need to make a different card using a Santa for my 2010 cards.

Santa was coloured using PrismaColor Pencils and I added a bit of sparkle to the tree with some Stickles - candy cane and yellow. There is also some fun flock edging his coat and hat.

I am also trying to embrace the HUGE borders that are left when using the numbered labels dies from Spellbinders. You know what  I mean - I HATE that they have a full quarter inch between sizes. I usually wind up hand-cutting an in-between mat for my images but this time I thought I would try something different (actually I did it on the first card as well). Borrowing from card-maker extra-ordinaire Markie's Mom - I filled that awful quarter inch gap with some white dots. I WOULD have taken out my sewing machine and tried sewing but....well, disaster area of craft room issues right now.

Card Details:

finished size: 6x6 inches
stamps: Pink Cat Studio
papers: CTMH Indian Corn Blue, November PaperCard Kit from PaperWorksCo featuring My Mind's Eye Colorful Christmas
embellishments: ribbon and brads from My Mind's Eye Colorful Christmas, Stickles, Fun Flock
tools: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Two, EK Success Diamond Scallop Border Punch
colouring medium: PrismaColor Pencils with odourless mineral spirits







2 comments:

Danielle said...

Fabulous easel card Sheena - I love it! The papers are gorgeous and the santa image is soooo cute! Great job adding the white dots around the nestie!
Hugs, Danielle

Tanya Rudd said...

Just wonderful! I may have to try my hand at one of these!
Hugs
Tanya