The Stamps I Use

Friday, December 18, 2009

Bacon Appreciation Day

So I did finally come up with something for "National Bacon Appreciation Day" (well, really, birthday of a friend of ours. My dilemma was three-fold....
  • originally he was getting a Star Wars card. He was here the day I got my "Galactic Friends" stamps and seemed to really want one of those for his birthday.
  • then, we got him a "zombie" video game as a birthday present. So, I thought...I should do a zombie card
  • then, the theme for his birthday dinner was announced - BACON! Dearly beloved felt that meant I needed to do a card that involved bacon.  He thought I should try to make it look like bacon. HAVE YOU EVER TRIED TO DO THIS? I had an idea in my head and all, but ...well, just wasn't getting it so...
I instead poked through my papers and stamps and decided to use a piggy image from Pink Cat Studio and some of the Earth Love papers from Cosmo Cricket.


 
I think the "Reuse" paper has a bit of a bacon-y feel don't you? Anyway, that's what I came up with - and I used Sunday Sketch #11 from PaperWorksCo. I just rotated it to fit the image.

card details:

finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, side-fold
papers: Cosmo Cricket Earth Love Collection - Reuse, Repeat, CTMH Barn Red Textured
ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, CTMH Barn Red
Tools: EK Success Candles Border Punch, Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles, Marvy Uchida 1 inch punch
extras: Liquid applique, foam tape
colouring medium: PrismaColor Pencils with Odourless Mineral Spirits (928, 946, 929, 912, 917)

3 comments:

Sparkle said...

This is so cute!

Tanya Rudd said...

Now this is cute! How to make a card look like bacon,hmm now you have me thinking!
Hugs
Tanya

Crissy Armstrong said...

Cute "bacon" card, lol!