The Stamps I Use

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Baby Congratulations

Hi all,

well today turned out to be more of an adventure than I planned. I left early for the baby shower, map in hand, with plenty of time to spare in case I got turned around. WELL! It would have helped if my map was correct. I learned a valuable lesson - never type a building NAME into google maps. Use the civic address. Let's just say that when I realized that where I was was not where I was supposed to be, I pulled over into some farmer's driveway and placed a distraught call to my sweetie along the lines of "I am so NOT where I am supposed to be right now. Help!!! I think I am in Marathon - I'm supposed to be in Braeside."

His reply? "You're where? That's nowhere near Braeside. How on earth did you get there? Why did you turn there?....." After my explanation of "I used the building name not the civic address" - he gave me new directions. I just had to find my way back to the main highway.

Well, despite his mockery, my knight in shining armour did not lead me wrong. I did get to the baby shower, albeit MUCH later than planned.

Okay...now that you've heard my sad story for the day, here is the card that was delivered with the baby prezzie.




Totally inspired by the card we did on Saturday in Danielle's class  (see previous post) and by this card over on Debbie's Blog -  Thinking Inking.

The great thing about having my class yesterday was that AFTER the class I was able to do some shopping
(okay - LOTS of shopping) at Heather's. I really wanted to pick up some NEW baby stamps as my collection is pretty limited and I will still need to make at least two more cards to welcome our new niece. So....the cute little carriage you see is one of four in a new (to me) set from Sunshine Designs. I think what caught my eye about those stamps is that they could be left plain as I did above (I simply stamped on Pink Parchment cardstock) or they could be water-coloured or paper-pieced quite nicely.

Since the stamp is new for me and the card is for a NEW baby - I'm entering this card into the Raising the Bar challenge for this week...to debut something new!

Hope you are having a crafty-licious weekend! Feel free to scroll down to see my two earlier posts from today.

4 comments:

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Oh dear ... so sorry you were lead astray ... but thank heavens you had someone to contact & get you to your destination! Your creation is adorable and I'm sure it was well received!! Thanks for joining us at Raise The Bar!

Tanya Rudd said...

This is too cute. I love the color scheme, and I will have to try using my stamps as you have, without coloring them in. The result is fab Sheena.
Hugs
Tanya

P.S. I am glad you made it, getting lost is not a fun thing at all.

Mrs Weyremaster said...

Lovely Card, love the clean and simple lines, pretty image too :)

So glad to managed to get to the baby shower :)

Thanks for joining us at Raise the Bar.

Suzi
xxx

~*Joni said...

Oh I just love all things related to Baby! New Card, New baby - mmm...I can just smell their sweetness right now. ;) Thank you so much for joining us over at Raise The Bar! Wonderful card, with such a perfect layout.