The Stamps I Use

Sunday, January 31, 2010

A fintastic Valentine

Hi folks,

I trust your weekend is going - swimmingly! ba ha ha ha....I couldn't help myself. I decided I needed to use up some of the Mer Ian's (a freebie digi from The Greeting Farm) I coloured up this week and one of them found his way onto this Valentine Card for my nephew.



I used this week's Club Anya and Friends Sketch for the layout. The sentiments are a combination of two different sentiment stamps - one from PaperWorksCo (have a fintastic) and one from Kraftin Kimmie's Stamps (valentines day! from my Lucy and Ricky stamp).

I know it is a bit of a departure to not use pink or red on a Valentine card - but it was for my nephew and with Mer Ian I think it works. Plus, the Cards blog has a challenge to make a lovey dovey card without using pink or red....so...I thought what the heck! I am sorry I can't tell you the manufacturer of these papers - they are all from the "blue" drawer in my paper cabinet and are among some of the first papers I ever bought - some are from M's...some are from a stack I got at Costco when I first started making cards about 3 years ago! Eeep....guess that qualifies this card for this week's challenge at Raise the Bar (the older the better)!

OH! and speaking of lovey dovey, while I was showering this morning I thought to myself that I should ask my sweetie pie if he would like me to make him an "Egg McMuffin a la Sheena"...he said sure....little did he know his egg would be.....



heart-shaped!!! tee hee hee...

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Fab boy card Sheena - perfect for a male valentine card! Love your sewing!
And Doug must have felt so special getting those heart eggs for breakfast - you're such a sweetie!
Hugs, Danielle

Tanya Rudd said...

Wow, what a gem you are! Love the card and I am sure your dearly beloved enjoyed his eggs.

Hugs
Tanya

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Your card is adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Raise The Bar. We do hope you'll come back again next week for more RTB fun!
BTW ... what a sweet breakfast you made for you DH ... you go girl!!