The Stamps I Use

Saturday, January 9, 2010

For Jenn's little one

Hi all,

well, I am at home now after attending the first of the family baby showers for the fabulous Jenn. I think it is safe to say that much fun and laughter {and food} was had by all. We all got to oooh and aaah over all the pretty girlie outfits and generally cute baby things. There were two AMAZING baby diaper cakes gifted and I am sure that those will come in very handy in the coming months. Dearly beloved and I went the safe route and shopped from the baby registry for a play yard (which dearly beloved insists on calling a BABY CAGE!!! - you have to know him to appreciate his humour) as I am hoping to deliver the nursery coordinated quilt for baby's arrival. Hoping!!! Fingers crossed!!!

Anyways, as expected, I was kind of .... umm... what the heck kind of card do I make for a baby shower....for the uber crafty Jenn of all people? eeep?....Well, I didn't want to do traditional, cutesy baby shower so I went looking through some of my CTMH papers to see what might work. I happened upon a much loved but not often used (okay....hoarded) collection called Key to My Heart. It was perfect for what I had in mind - a twist on last week's Verve Sketch that I used for my Dad's birthday card.



I used the sketch but flipped it on it's side, added a ribbon and switched out the circles for some scalloped nestabilities petite ovals that would fit this simple "baby dear" stamp. Note to self - need to scour through my stamp collection (physical and digi and maybe the cricut cartridges) for something I haven't used yet for next week's baby shower. If anyone local has something that I could borrow...I would be willing to travel!!



Thanks for stopping by....hope your weekend is going well. I get to craft tomorrow -- under the tutelage of Jenn with a bunch of fellow crafty peeps. How neat is that!

Card Details:
finished size 6 x 6 inches
papers: CTMH Key to My Heart
ink: CTMH Juniper
embellishments: CTMH Juniper Ribbon, Sorbet brads
stamp: unknown but it is a clear acrylic stamp. Possibly a studio G Single I picked up at Michaels (?)

No comments: